Something extraordinary happened last week. During Lily's morning nap, I had a spare couple of hours. Usually I have orders to make or something in the house that needs sanding, filling or painting.
I've been pinning lots of clothes inspiration to my 'littles' board on pinterest, so I grabbed my fabric stash and started cutting out pattern pieces. I thought I'd start simple and using this pattern, made a couple of pairs of lightweight trousers. The first pair inadvertently turned out to be capri pants because I didn't adjust the length… oops, lucky it's summer!
Buoyed by the trouser success, I figured I could make Lily a dress using this pattern. I did finish it, but it was such a mission! I had sort of forgotten that mini dressmaking was just as complicated as standard dressmaking but also very tiny and very awkward. I'm glad I persevered though, you can see more photos of the dress here.
By the way, the trousers are Liberty Tana Lawn and the dress is Rose & Hubble fabric.