January 05, 2015

happy new year!








Hello and a belated Happy New Year!

I was meant to write this post a week ago but life just gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it!

So that was Lily's 1st Christmas. She liked the lights on the tree and the candles on the mantlepiece. She received lots of little presents, including a few handmade ones from me.

I made her a little moon plushie from a cashmere jumper (don't worry, I didn't cut up an expensive one... it was £4 from a charity shop!) and I also made her a little Liberty star ornament to hang on the tree.

The most time consuming gift was the hand quilted stocking I made from my Liberty scraps. I think she'll love it for a long time though, especially when she's a bit bigger!

After eating far too much on the big day we went for a walk along the canal on Boxing Day. It was so cold and frosty but at least Lily was warm and cosy in her bobble hat!

6 comments:

  1. I think that Lily will certainly love the stocking for always, as it is so beautiful!! It looks as though you had a great Christmas! I love the car on your cake too!! I hope that you have a great new year and that 2015 brings only good things to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy, I hope so! I love that little car, it look me ages to find a model beetle! happy new year x

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Awesome photos - I love that stocking to bits. Tell you what else I am loving -seeing you on here too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Annie! ha! yes, I'm usually holding the camera so I'm not often on here! x

      Delete
  3. So many beautiful creations Charmaine. Lily is one very lucky little girl. Wishing you a very wonderful New Year lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x