June 12, 2014

the rose garden, anglesey abbey









Anglesey Abbey is one of my favourite National Trust gardens. We have visited many times, walking through the wildflower meadow, formal herbaceous gardens and along the river to the working watermill.

There are are almost 100 acres of extensive gardens to explore, but this time we headed straight for the rose garden… and what a treat it was!

The most beautiful hues of creams, pinks, peaches and pale yellows awaited us… glorious blooms from bush roses to climbing varieties.

We promptly visited our local garden centre on the way home and bought a climbing rose for the front of the house… I'm really looking forward to seeing it bloom.

Joining in with Annie's 'how does your garden grow'

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful roses, I never know which one to choose when I am looking. Which one did you go for? #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore roses, such a beautiful perfume. My kind of garden! I'm not terribly successful at growing them though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours, I must get myself to a National Trust garden, never been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are really beautiful. I have one rose bush in the front that scents the garden, so I can imagine a garden full of them smells like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah - stunning! Much rose-envy here, I really must get along to my local National Trust place this weekend and see what's growing in their gardens. It must have smelt amazing there - I love these photos Charmaine - LOVE x
    (thanks for joining in again)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that fox gloves took my breath away the first time i saw it 2 weeks ago but roses are still my fave as they remind me of my mother =) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roses are beautiful!! I hope that you enjoy growing yours in your garden! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ... the scent must have been amazing! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope the roses were scented. I always feel somewhat cheated when I see a beautiful rose and it has no scent. My Japanese roses may not be a blousy as English roses but they sure do smell fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love roses and the fragrance is divine. Thank you for your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x