June 05, 2014

pinks and lilacs




Firstly, I have to say thank you for your sweet comments on Tuesday's post… I have lots of baby projects in the works and I'm looking forward to sharing them here!

In the garden, there are granny's bonnets popping up all over the place. The purple ones are covered in tiny greenfly, but the pink ones seem to have escaped unscathed for some reason. I picked a couple of the purple bell flowers, thanks to whoever identified them last week as campanula. Aren't they beautiful?

I really love the delicate chive flowers, and can't resist picking them. We also have a nice big pot of them which I'm using for cooking. The other two cuttings are random. We have a large bush with tiny little white flowers tinged with lilac… everyday it is awash with buzzing bees. The tiny pink flower is most likely a weed, but has such a sweet scent.

The fabric in the background is a Liberty print called pepper. I'm working on a new hand-pieced quilt and will share that here soon.

Joining in with Annie's 'how does your garden grow' and Asa's 'garden mood board'

24 comments:

  1. this is so lovely Charmaine. they almost look like they are made out of paper. and congratulations on your baby girl! how exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty delicate colours, I love how you've styled these flowers with the Liberty print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love that fabric as a background. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Caroline, yes it's one of my favourites :) x

      Delete
  4. They are so beautiful! I am glad that the blue flowers turned out to be Campanula after all. They look lovely in your little bunch! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy! ah yes, it was you who identified them… thank you! x

      Delete
  5. That's beautiful, I love it! So wonderfully arranged too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How soft and pretty these are Charmaine , and I am loving that Liberty print to bits.
    I've just read Tuesdays post - such great news! My eldest daughter was born in October, it's a lovely time of year to have a baby. This is the bestest, happiest post! Thanks for sharing and yippee! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Annie! Well at least I won't have to struggle through winter with lots of layers and boots, though I might boil this summer instead, ha! x

      Delete
  7. They look so delicate and pretty! Lovely photo set up too =) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely! I've been picking flowers from outside lately too, we have a lane opposite our house full of them. Probably weeds but they look nice so I don't care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gemma! I know, I think a lot of the things I'm drawn to are probably weeds! x

      Delete
  9. lovely. I really like the pictures with the blue background
    Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. I like the way you displayed them on that paper and the vase is gorgeous. Weeds are just someone else's wildflowers, someone said once, and I like that. All flowers are welcome in our home, wild or not! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that is a lovely saying, and one I'll remember! x

      Delete
  11. Such beautiful, simple flowers. It's lovely to see delicate blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! The flowers and the fabric are so pretty together. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is so lovely! And perfect together with the fabric, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x