May 22, 2014

the bluebell wood



Last weekend we hopped in the car, in search of bluebells. As the bluebell season is so short I was worried we had left it too late, but we headed off anyway feeling vaguely optimistic. We ended up at Ashridge Estate, in the Chiltern Hills.

We followed the blue signs along the path and into the buttercup and heather meadow. At first we found small clusters of bluebells in amongst the long grass, but as we ventured further into the woodlands, we were suddenly met with the most extraordinary carpet of violet-blue flowers. I'm so glad we managed to see them!

Joining in with Annie's 'how does your garden grow'.



14 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful place! I don't blame you for being so pleased to have got to see them they are stunning! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore bluebell woods-the colours and textures are simply beautiful. You found a gem there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Looks like a great find, and your photos are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluebell woods are so beautiful! There are large carpets by the roadside where I live but I've not found any wooded areas full of them yet. Lovely piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are one of those things that I am desperate to see every year, so gorgeous and a real sign of Spring.
    Random TMI fact, Kitty was conceived in a bluebell wood, hence her middle name 'Bluebell'

    told you it was TMI...

    Thanks for joining in again, so glad you got to see them in all their glory *passes you the mindbleach*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing! My mum went on a Bluebell walk a few weeks back and hasn't stopped talking about it - really want to go myself now after seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful Charmaine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, what a lovely sight to see. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is my dream to see them in real life as I havent seen anything as pretty as it. But I dont know where to go to see some. They are really pretty awesome. #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! And gorgeous photos to remember it with ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here in Normandy, we have lots of bluebells on the road and path edges but no bluebell woods like this. I can almost smell them though looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. How exquisite and evocative these images are. Bluebell woods are such astonishing places.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful there..not far from mum. Wonderful shots xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x