May 29, 2014

raindrops...










The weather has been quite miserable here of late… heavy rain or at the very least, drizzle and a sudden drop in temperature. I'm sure it's doing the garden the world of good, though I'm longing for sunnier days.

The foxgloves are starting to flower, we chose white and apricot varieties… I'm sure they'll look wonderful in full bloom. The iris and granny's bonnets are still going strong, despite being beaten by the rain. I also found this little bell-shaped lilac flower in the border today… does anyone know what it is?

The apples have started to appear on the tree… they're tiny at the moment, about an inch across! We had a family of bluetits nesting in the box at the end of the garden, though I think they must have fledged over the past couple of days. It was lovely to hear their little cheeps while we were tending to the vegetable beds.

Joining in with Annie's 'how does your garden grow'.



14 comments:

  1. The weather has been pretty rubbish here too.. but i do love how beautiful your flowers look with droplets of water! :) #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a shame about the rain! But it does bring out the colours beautifully, especially the greens.
    I'm not sure what that plant is - Canterbury Bell? Can't quite see - I'm sure someone else will be able to tell us all!
    Hoping for a sunnier week - though this rain is probably good for your budding apples… as long as we get a good dose of sun too!
    Emma :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, thanks for the suggestion… I'll look that up! x

      Delete
  3. Really changeable here too - great for the plants but a bit naff for the kids. I'm beginning to regret out nesting box as the little blighters have been yamming up my lettuce, I *may* have googles 'Blue tit Linguine' this week, but that's another story, I'm lovely, honestly. Erm....

    How's your lovely Mollie getting on?

    (and thank you for joining again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no… not the little bluetits!! Mollie is good, though she was spayed today so she is feeling a little sorry for herself :) x

      Delete
  4. Ooh I envy you your Foxgloves! I left it too late, and my garden will be without them this summer. Your photographs look beautiful though.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! they're wonderful aren't they… I believe they're self-seeding too, so hopefully next year there should be more! x

      Delete
  5. I love seeing Lady's Mantle with raindrops on - the leaves are great for that which is probably just as well considering how much rain we've been having! I know what you mean about the birds too - I can recognise most of the regulars in our garden now by their songs, its really rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so lovely to see your flowers with the raindrops glistening on them! I think that your new flower might be a Campanula. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy! ooh thank you, I'll look that one up! x

      Delete
  7. Love your beautiful raindrop pictures. I am hoping for the sun to come back though as the decking is so slippy and I need to potter about the garden again. Foxgloves are just beautiful and I need to plant some at the allotment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous raindrop shots! They add such a great element to the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures Charmaine. it finally rained here last night after many weeks of no rain. or so it seemed that way. our garden is now full of raindrops too. happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos, if a little rain-soaked! Same here. But aren't flowers extra fun to photograph when covered in raindrops? x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x