April 01, 2014

garden moodboard - april






Today is sunny and warm, it could almost be mistaken for a summer's day.

The dog bounds around the garden, chasing butterflies and bees… though thankfully she is unable to catch them.

I gather a few flowers from the borders and long grass… grape hyacinths, daffodils, daisies, forsythia and mahonia... along with a few weeds. There is plenty of yellow and blue in our garden.

I decant some of the sweet smelling April blooms into a tiny jam jar for my bedside table and the daffodils into a jug for the mantlepiece.

Joining in with Karin and Asa, in their monthly garden moodboard link-up.


13 comments:

  1. Lovely!! xx

    p.s. continuing the plant identification (!) you also have some hebe in there, the one with the leaves that are arranged in fours on the stem going up, at the bottom of the picture - the little sprig! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy! … oh really! I had no idea that was hebe and we bought two of those at the garden centre last weekend… ha! x

      Delete
    2. Oh that is too funny! I took lots of photos of things coming up in my garden today, so when I can edit them and post I will add what they are in case you have any the same! I have genuinely surprised myself at how many sorts of plants that I know! xx

      Delete
  2. This is so gorgeous! Love the spring flowers and vibrant colours. :) Happy April 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely. the early springflowers really make my heart sing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! isn't it lovely to finally see some colour x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colours! It makes me happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty use of yellow! Not to bright,just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is so lovely! The spring flowers are so awaited and what a joy when the garden starts blossoming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous spring blooms ... I love when pretty colour appears in the garden again ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this made me smile - I picked and photographed such a similar collection of flowers this week! Lot of blues and yellows, and some on my bedside tablet too. It's so nice to pick some flowers at last. And I'm glad you're having some warm temperatures - still chilly up here but we live in hope! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x