March 27, 2014

tricked...







A couple of weeks ago, we were treated to a couple of sunny days and a degree of warmth. Oh, this must be the start of the warmer weather we thought… let's buy a garden table and chairs set we thought… perhaps we could go camping we thought. It was a trick.

Now the temperatures are back where they belong, and this morning there was even some frost on the ground. On the plus side, the clocks go forward this weekend, resulting in lighter evenings, hurrah!

The ever so lovely forsythia is starting to fade, but it has been such a welcome sight with it's happy, yellow flowers. Elsewhere, on magnolia watch next door, the huge flowers have started to open. Our apple tree is showing tiny signs of new regrowth… I really hope the pruning hasn't damaged it. I love blossom and I love apples, so fingers crossed!

In my weekly 'help, what the hell is this plant', I have another one for you. I found a handful of very bushy, leafy, rather large plants in the border with an odd patterned flower-head… any idea what they are? We still haven't planted the new border plants we bought a couple of weeks ago… we really should get on that.

I know the skies are blue here but it really isn't very warm. It's a trick… brrrrrr.

Joining in with Annie's 'how does your garden grow'.

20 comments:

  1. Tricked indeed! Blue skies a few days ago to sleet showers on the school run this morning. Spring, I demand my money back!

    Totally cheered up by your happy photos - the blue sky and yellow particularly. Glorious. Thanks for joining in again - love to you and tummy tickles (for Mollie obvs!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sleet… oh no! will pass on the tummy tickles :) x

      Delete
  2. I've absolutely no idea what that plant is, sorry. But I totally agree with you-we were tricked and I'd like my money back now! Our forsythia is doing well thankfully, it's quite protected luckily as it's bright yellow really cheers me up as I freeze :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, well that makes two of us! aren't they cheery plants, I'm glad we inherited one! x

      Delete
  3. Husband and I were talking about how its sunny but its so cold =P This weekends is promising tho so lets go out & enjoy the weather! Yeyness!

    Great photos =)

    #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely colors and shots. our clocks went back a couple of weeks ago already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Claudia! isn't it lovely to have lighter evenings x

      Delete
  5. lovely images - weather is improving for the weekend .......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry no idea what plant that is, maybe once it's flower opens it will be easier to tell. It is still very chilly outside, hopefully it'll start to warm up soon. Great photos. #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I think it probably will be! thank you! x

      Delete
  7. I have a feeling that the plants (assuming that we are talking about the ones in the last photo?) are perennial cornflowers - which look very different from annual cornflowers. Although you might already know that if you are looking at a different photo!! I am enjoying this plant identification as I am surprised at what I think that I know, I will be interested to see how many I get right though when they all come into flower, you will have to give us some before and afters!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Amy! you really do have an awful lot of gardening knowledge. I've googled perennial cornflowers and they look right… anything perennial is good in my book! x

      Delete
  8. The amazing colour in your photos! The beautiful vivid blue sky again the yellow or pink is just breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  9. He he - same here in France - warmth and then back to normality but I do think Winter has gone now (please). Off to pin your last picture on my board - Green and thinking I need to start new boards for blue and yellow! #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here! I have sweet peas that I am having to bring in every night.

    Your garden's growing well by the look of your photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures as always ... our blue skies have gone too ... we were definitely tricked ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos! We've also been having hot weather again after a few weeks of very wintry temperatures. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x