March 06, 2014

signs of spring...





So we've been blessed with a little more sunshine this week, though we've also had our share of downpours too. There are definite signs of growth in our garden, despite the woeful disregard we show it… 

A huge cluster of what I can only assume are daffodils have popped up. I'm very much looking forward to those flowering, though I'm sure the dog will have other ideas. I'm road-testing a bunch in the sitting room… as yet they've remained relatively unscathed, but I do often catch her with an entire daffodil head in her mouth when she thinks I'm not looking… grrr.

The rose bushes have new shoots and the random flowering bush in the middle of the garden (the russet-brown one shown in the 3rd and 4th photos) seems to have some new growth too. 

I do hope Spring hurries on up… it's so chilly here at the moment. As I write this I have 3 layers on and a blanket over me… ridiculous!

Joining in with Annie's 'how does your garden grow'.

13 comments:

  1. i love that you have a combination of the old and dead and the new and blooming just lovely #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love spring so much! looks like it is slowly happening in your garden. lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love seeing new shoots coming through.Come on, Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours in that first shot are absolutely stunning! Good luck with keeping the daffs away from your dog. In our house, it's the two-year-old who likes to pull off their heads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The random flowering bush are my favourite pics! It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your pictures are of Spring but with touches of Autumn leaves and Winter bare branches as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, the leaves in the first pic are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fabulous to see the signs of Spring isn't it. I'm super excited especially after a bit of sunshine too! Love those red leaves at the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mahonia is stunning - the new growth against last years leaves. It's so good to see spring springing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the signs of Spring - some people have heaps of daffodils out but here they are just coming out!
    Sorry about the delay in commenting, I’m back from my trip now and loving reading through all the posts. And as usual – thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x