January 30, 2014

the eden project










If you have read my garden posts before, you'll know that our garden is wild and free.

We spent the past weekend working on the garden, but only on the boring bits… general tidying, replacing fence panels and collecting many, many apples. The weather was atrocious… cold with dark skies and driving rain through most of the weekend. There was even a mini tornado in our part of Essex on Sunday!

Because of this, I haven't had a chance to take any photographs in our own garden, so thought I would share some I took at the Eden Project, back in the summer.

I found the planting here so inspiring, and particularly loved the roses, sweet peas and wild flowers. We tried to grow sweet peas in our garden last year, but it wasn't very successful, the plants only produced a handful of flowers. I think we planted them too late, so we'll try again this year!

We spent time securing the garden at the weekend because we were expecting a new arrival. On Monday we adopted a puppy from the rspca. Mollie is only 9 weeks old but initial training is working well and I'm sure she'll become a lovely dog. I'll post some photos of her when I get a chance!

If you haven't visited recently, you'll notice I've changed the name of my blog. You can read more about that here.

Joining in with Annie's 'how does your garden grow'. 

19 comments:

  1. I was all 'Ahhhhh! Pretty flowers' and then 'Awwww Mollie!' Lots of cute packed in this post Charmaine!
    I have visiting the Eden Project on my to-do list this year - and photos like these are why! I am hankering for Summer now :)

    Mollie looks lovely, I hope she's settling in well - look forward to seeing more of her on here.


    thanks ever so much for joining in again and sharing - I am off to gaze at the poppies again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it's definitely worth a visit, it seems like an especially nice place to take kids too x

      Delete
  2. how absolutely beautiful!! those poppy fields.... i love poppies. hope you get some gardening weather soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love poppies too… all wild flowers actually! x

      Delete
  3. Aahhh... the sweet smell of summer...how I yearn for thee...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These beautiful flower photos were just what I needed today :) Lovely lovely photos. Congratulations on adopting Mollie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I can't wait for flower season again! I absolutely love wildflowers, and those are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww you have a doggy, I have two and I love them so much. Can't wait to see some pictures of her. Lovely, lovely photos and I'm dreaming of summer now, fantastic roses and sweetpeas. Hope you have better luck with them this year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now I have one, I can't imagine how much work it must be having two of them! x

      Delete
  7. Aww lovely news about the puppy! The pictures are gorgeous, that rose is stunning and I love sweet peas too, especially the scent. Although, mine never seem to be quite as vigorous as everyone elses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jenni! no, ours only produced 4 flowers last year??? I'm hoping to improve on that this year! x

      Delete
  8. It was actually really nice to see some summery, floral photos at this time of year for a change! Love the new look and name of your blog by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is a bit cold and rainy outside at the moment isn't it?! thanks Gillian, glad you like it :) x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos Charmaine ... I lost you for a while and have missed a few posts ... looking forward to catching up now ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x