December 24, 2013

the tree








Ah, baubles glinting and glistening… I do love a Christmas tree.

We have a bay window in our new house so the tree lives there. Admittedly it's a bit big for the space, but I don't care. The vintage baubles are lucky finds from charity shops and markets in the run-up to Christmas last year.

I love their mis-matched, ever-so-slightly gaudy appearance. Although I don't think my parents had exactly this type of decoration, they evoke vague memories of Christmas past, which I like. Tinkerbell is 23 years old, she hails from a family holiday to Disney World.

This year we were a little late with the whole Christmas preparations thing (if you like you can read more about that here). I iced the cake last night. I fancied a change so I've plumped for a slightly controversial lemon icing… I'm not sure about it if I'm honest but it's done now!

Today we will light some candles and get into the Christmas spirit… a spot of baking, wrapping presents and carols from kings. Merry Christmas!

Joining in with Lou's 'nature in the home'.

8 comments:

  1. cor! Vintage baubles!! I must invest in some. They remind me so much of my Nana's tree. Merry Christmas Charmaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love a real tree. They smell so good! I like all your decorations, too, especially Tinkerbell. She is so sweet. Your photography is wonderful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tinkerbell has sprinkled some lovely christmassy magic over your tree I see! Happy Christmas and best wishes for a great New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah looks so lovely have a fun day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful baubles! i especially like that orange striped one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tree ... it looks almost like an elegant lady in full skirt decked out for a fancy ball ... love the vintage baubles ... I have a few and I love them ... they catch the light perfectly ... wishing you a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is sooo pretty! I love the Tinkerbell :-) Hope you all had a fab day. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh such a pretty tree - we are taking ours down today but seeing yours has filled me with pangs of guilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x