December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013
















The run-up to Christmas was spent in a dizzying haze of DIY… taking down wallpaper, filling, painting walls, sanding the floor, installing radiators and restoring our fireplace… phew! On Christmas Eve we painted the chimney breast and hung the mirror. The room is almost complete now, just a couple of small jobs left. 

We wrapped presents and made gingerbread and trifle (Delia's… very boozy) while Carols from Kings played in the background. The fireplace turned out to be really handy, a perfect home for cards and candles. 

We had a delicious lunch with Chris' family on Christmas Day, and on Boxing Day we went for a late afternoon walk in the sunshine. We've had a couple of sunny days but it has been so stormy here recently, it was nice to get out and breathe in some fresh air. We drove to Bristol on Friday to spend the weekend with my family, and had a pub lunch with my 95 year old Grandad. 

I hope you all enjoyed Christmas… wishing you a very Happy 2014!

8 comments:

  1. Love your shots best wishes for rhe rest of the holidays x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Tracey, Happy New Year! x

      Delete
  2. All so lovely Charmaine. The fireplace is beautiful, and the mirror above suits it so beautifully, I am sure that you will have many happy times spent dressing the mantle through the year! I love your pom pom people on the hamper basket too - so cute!! Glad you had a good Christmas, I hope that you have a great New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Amy! Ooh yes, I think I'll spend plenty of time dressing the mantle in the coming months! I hope you had a great Christmas and wish you the best for this year! x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous images - I especially love that one of the tree silhouetted against the wall. It sounds perfect and I'm really glad you had such a wonderful time. Happy New Year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gillian! Happy New Year! x

      Delete
  4. Such lovely photos! Hope you have a fab 2014 too! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x