November 27, 2013

gold mini wreath diy




A few weeks ago I made this leaf garland. With the heating on though, that garland's days were numbered… so to replace it I made a simple mini wreath using leaves, seed heads and lavender gathered from the garden.

I dried the leaves with kitchen paper and assembled a few extra materials… gold acrylic paint, wire, wooden hoop, scissors, sponge and thread. I applied the paint to some of the leaves with the sponge and left them to dry. Working around the hoop, I secured the foliage with the wire. To complete the wreath, I pushed the additional painted foliage into the gaps and made a hanging loop out of an extra length of wire.

I'll be posting a few tutorials here in the coming weeks… simple projects that can be made in an afternoon and given as a gift (or kept as a treat to yourself) this holiday season… The first one will be up here next week.

Joining in with Lou's 'nature in the home'.


10 comments:

  1. I love this wreath, it's so beautiful and simple x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the tutorials - we are planning handmade festivities this year so new inspiration is welcome! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ann! I've just added the first one x

      Delete
  3. So beautiful Charmaine, and I love the litle gold leaves that you have framed too. Did you use an embroidery hoop as the base for the wreath? Looking forward to your tutorials. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Amy! Yes I love that little frame for housing bits and bobs :) I used something similar (I have a stash I use for my mobiles) but you could use an embroidery hoop x

      Delete
  4. So pretty ... I love your golden leaves too ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really, really pretty. I love the gold leaves. It looks gorgeous hanging there. I love that print too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gillian! I love the print too (well actually it's a card) but I'm planning to frame it! It's by Tom Frost, love his work! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x