November 25, 2013

a couple of days in Bristol








This week past, I spent a couple of days in my hometown of Bristol.

Bristol is such a rich and vibrant city, with so much to see and do. I haven't lived there for 16 years (I moved to London at 18 to take up a place on a fashion degree course at Central Saint Martins) but I visit often.

We spent an hour or so walking through the beautiful Clifton village, up the hill to the front of the observatory and towards the Bristol Suspension Bridge. The wide tree-lined avenue leading to the bridge was a riot of late Autumn colour. We reached the sea wall, overlooking the bridge, high above the Avon Gorge.

Later that evening, we had dinner at the Thali cafe... a small, local collection of restaurants. We sat on a tiny table, surrounded by fairy lights and candlelight. I chose the Northern Thali, a vegetarian selection of curry, dhal, rice and salad… delicious!


5 comments:

  1. You have made me feel very nostalgic for my hometown! I am visiting this weekend and cannot wait! I still miss it even after all these years. My family live there still, so I still feel a strong connection. I think it's why I follow blogs by fellow Bristolians.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I didn't realise you were also a Bristolian! have a great weekend! x

      Delete
  2. Sounds as though you had a great time! All of your photos are beautiful as always, but the second one down is just stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy! aren't those trees beautiful… they were really stunning in real life and hard to capture in a photograph x

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous photos! Must add Bristol to my list of Places to See. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x