October 08, 2013

quilt inspiration


With my hexagon quilt finished, I'm starting to think about making a new hand pieced quilt. The hexagon quilt will live downstairs, so the next one will be for our bedroom.


I quite like the idea of a star quilt, inspired by gorgeous 1930s quilts like this one. I love the slightly mismatched fabric and intricate shapes.


I found this islamic art pattern on pinterest. It struck me that it would make an amazing quilt pattern, though perhaps it would be a little ambitious of me to try to replicate it in fabric!


I love the colour palette of this simple quilt. I think I'll look for similar colours when choosing my fabrics.

You can find more quilt inspiration on my pinterest quilt board.

Thanks for all your lovely comments recently, I really do love reading them all! Hello and welcome to my new followers too x




10 comments:

  1. You've certainly inspired me ... I've been saying for a good while I want to go back to English Paper Piecing - I used to love doing it - and both the quilts here are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea if your new quilt idea is ambitious or not, as any quilt would be ambitious for me, but I do know that if it is half as lovely as your hexagon quilt, it will be amazing. Hope that you have fun planning and making your quilt, and I will be watching along for the progress reports. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, thank you Amy! I'll definitely be posting progress here once I figure out what I'm actually doing! x

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. One craft I have not tried... Yet! Really nice to have visited your blog, catherine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a lovely craft to try! thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful inspiration, I love the colours in that last one. Your last quilt was amazing so I'm looking forward to watching a new one progress. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Caroline, very kind! I'm actually struggling with the layout at the moment, but I'm sure it will figure itself out! x

      Delete
  5. Very inspiring. I always get a bit of quilt fever around this time of year, it must be a reaction to autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree, it's definitely a reaction to the colder weather and the need for home comforts! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x