August 23, 2013

Kynance Cove and the deep blue sea











Kynance Cove will always hold a special place in my heart.

We discovered this glorious wild beach 8 years ago on our first trip to Cornwall as a couple. Two years ago on a particularly windswept day (the second from last day of our holiday, I believe), my now Husband asked me to marry him.

We have visited every year, a pilgrimage if you like. We have explored the coastal path on many a grey day and sat on top of the cliffs with the sea completely obscured by deep fog. In the driving rain we have enjoyed sandwiches and cream teas inside the weatherboard cafe.

On a sunny day there is simply nowhere better, so we gathered our beach supplies and ambled down the long winding path towards the sea. As you clamber across the rocks and dodge the waves, the full beauty of this beach reveals itself.

Here you will find the most wild and wonderful surroundings. Towering and craggy cliffs above, white golden sand beneath your feet and a vast view out to the blue, blue sea. Sheltered from the wind in one of the many secluded coves, and with an ice cream in hand, this is my favourite place on earth.


More from my Cornwall Series:

Godrevy beach
Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens
Padstow vintage rally
Chapel Porth
Kestle Barton and Helford river
Kynance Cove
Sunset: St Ives
Trevone beach



19 comments:

  1. Ohhh I wish that bloggers would stop showing such lovely pics of Cornwall/Devon etc as I want to be there!! Very romantic of your hubby to propose there though and also of you to go back each year to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes I know what you mean! I'm always green with envy if I see other posts and don't have a holiday planned in the near future! x

      Delete
    2. I can't complain as we have a holiday due before too much longer, I am missing the English coast though!

      Delete
    3. sounds good, hope you have a lovely time! x

      Delete
  2. use to be taken there as a child perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, as a child it must have been even more amazing! x

      Delete
  3. Oh I love how you and your husband have that memory of such a beautiful place. The colour of the sea seems like it should be abroad - it's not like that in Yorkshire! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jen! Yes it looks tropical doesn't it! I bet Yorkshire has it's moments, I definitely want to visit someday! x

      Delete
  4. Kynance Cove is a magical place. I love the cafe - I want to live there!

    I love in West Cornwall, and we go down to the Lizard Peninsula quite often.

    Lovely photographs

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I always think the cafe would be gorgeous as a home, such wonderful views out to sea! Oh I would so love to live in Cornwall, lucky you! x

      Delete
  5. It seems you have had a very similar cornish experience to us! Love kynance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, some places really have to be visited don't they! x

      Delete
  6. Gosh it is really beautiful there ... I love your memories there too ... my husband proposed to me on a beach on the west of Ireland in February ... more than a little windswept too, as I remember ... we love to revisit there ... happy memories ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that blue! I adore the west country coast, I grew up in Somerset and spent a lot of time in Dorset, Devon and Cornwall with various family members. You have reminded me that I've barely seen the sea all year and that I must remedy that soon!

    Gorgeous images Charmaine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Annie! me too, when I was little we always used to go to the south coast for our holidays. I think that's why I like to go back there now I'm an adult! x

      Delete
  8. Wow it does look like a beautiful place, the colour of that sea is amazing! So lovely that it has so many special memories too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Caroline, yes isn't it beautiful! x

      Delete
  9. What beautiful photos, I feel like I am there! The colour of the sea is extraordinary. I love your Cornwall posts! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x