June 19, 2013

nature in the home: a gift




These are the same peonies I photographed for last week's post, alongside the mint.

Here they are a week later, and the soft pink hue has given way to ivory. I love flowers that do this, instead of blooming quickly and petering out. Peonies are the flowers that keep on giving!

These flowers were a gift to myself (and Chris of course)... a little luxury added to the weekly shop.

Last weekend my mother-in-law informed me that she was going to give us one of her peony plants when we move into the house... I am thrilled by this proposition!!

House update - if you have read this blog for a while and are wondering how the house move is going... well, it is going so slowly! We have encountered my nemesis... a seller who is slow, disinterested and will not be pushed to sway from his meandering path. Hopefully he will get a wriggle on and we will move in soon.

Joining in again with Lou's nature in the home.



14 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i had no idea peonies changed colour and they are so so pretty, they are going on my buying list for the garden! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful flowers and you did a good job photographing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peonies are my favourites! Yours are beautiful too. I didn't realise you were moving too~we've had a helluva week of it, but fingers crossed for Friday. Hope yours is sorted soon, horrid game but worth it in the end xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, it's quite a stressful process isn't it?! the last move was very simple but this one has just dragged on and on! good luck with your move x

      Delete
    2. Thanks lovely, although we just found out today we lost our buyer :( pffft x

      Delete
    3. oh no... I'm so sorry to hear that, what a pain. Hope you find a replacement soon x

      Delete
  4. Sooooooo beautiful. Just proof that I'm not wrong when I say peonies are the best flowers ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, peonies just keep on going. Makes them worth every penny! I bought some more yesterday.

    Hang in there with the house move, it will happen. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, so long lasting!! thank you, hopefully it will happen soon! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x