May 31, 2013




Anglesey Abbey is a recent discovery. We visited back in November when it was bitterly cold, although the grounds were still beautiful. I was overwhelmed by the colours and textures on show even at that time of year.



This time we were blessed with warm weather and sunshine, and the gardens were completely different. As we strolled through the wild flower meadow, we happened upon a handful of pheasants. These ones were Reeves, apparently an endangered species. I love their little batman and robin masks! I am mildly obsessed with pheasants (I think it's because they're a bit stupid) so this was most exciting, as you can imagine.




Along the avenues and into the woodland we found dappled light and carpets of tiny blue flowers... I think they're forget-me-nots








In other news... 

I've recently joined This Is Your Kingdom as one of their regular contributors, which is incredibly exciting! In the coming months I'll be sharing lots of lovely things to do over on their website, and when my first post is live I will let you know! In the meantime, you can read my interview here

What do you have planned for the weekend? We're hoping to go camping, apparently it will be warm, and I might even be able to wear my new sandals!





4 comments:

  1. oh beautiful and wonderful! wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely photos. Well done on the This is Your Kingdom thing - how brilliant! And well deserved. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x