April 04, 2013



xxx Hello! I hope you're well and had a lovely long Easter weekend!

It was bitterly cold here all weekend, and actually started snowing again today. Hmmm... what happened to Spring?




On Thursday afternoon I kept warm indoors, making Mary Berry's simnel cake and chocolate egg nests. I love a good baking tradition and will happily make something out of tradition even if I'm not a huge fan of actually eating it. In all honesty I found the cake a little too sweet, but I struggled through a few slices...





We did have some sunshine through the weekend, and added colour with some lovely bright tulips.



On Friday we went to Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge in Epping Forest, built in 1543 for King Henry VIII. I loved the old beams and the views out across the forest.







On Saturday we went to Lewes and Rye for a bit of antiques and junk shopping, I'll post those photos in my next post x

How was your long weekend?

joining in with Lou's nature in the home series.



2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS photos!!! Lovely tulips, I will never tire of them. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x