April 17, 2013

daisies and weeds...


I've been super busy of late, working on wholesale orders and on a couple of new prints which I hope to show you, once I add them to my shop. 

We've seen a little sun today, in between the clouds. Here's an impromptu flower arrangement, to join in with Lou's nature in the home series. This week Lou challenged us to forage, so off I went to our shared 'garden'.

Because we share with our fellow flat owners, we have little control over the pretty much non-existent planting. We have a couple of squares of grass either side of the car parking, so the only things really growing are a few daisies and weeds. In the summer, the next door neighbour's fig tree deposits little figs on the grass. That's as good as it gets. 

Oh, how I long for our own garden!





So, I went outside to see what I could find... a few daisies and a pretty little weed with tiny white flowers. Here they are in my vintage dansk candle holders. They brighten up my kitchen and add a little prettiness to my worktop.






15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love Daisies. If I had had a girl she would have been called Daisy. I tease Charlie as he was often referred to as Daisy when I was pregnant! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still beautiful, despite the slim pickings. My kids picked daisies on the walk home from school today, but they aren't nearly so prettily displayed as yours! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gillian! it has to be done doesn't it?! I was obsessed with daisies when I was little x

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I love this, small but perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so even the humble daisy can look cool, beautiful in such a simple way. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tracey, I do love daisies :) x

      Delete
  5. just perfect - I love Daisies and I have my own perfect Daisy - she is my 3 year old grandaughter and loves getting grubby in my garden x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, such a lovely name, how sweet! thanks for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  6. So stylish in your dansk candle holders, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Imogen! I found them ages ago in a charity shop... I think they were about £1 each x

      Delete
  7. daisy are always a favourite....always reminds me of innocence?....oh and adore green dansk! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, after such cold weather it's always nice to see daisies! x

      Delete
  8. I love daises. So pretty. You are my pick for this weeks fav in the NITH series.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x