January 22, 2013

falling snow



It had been snowing since Friday, so when we finally ventured out on Sunday, the snow was thick and still falling. We took a walk through the village and up to the forest.





We meandered our way through the forest towards the lake and found some geese, swans and puffed-up pigeons.





We shuffled back through the forest and found children playing on sledges, it looked like so much fun!





We completely missed lunchtime, so feasted on tea and toasted sandwiches when we finally reached home. It was perfect!


10 comments:

  1. sounds and looks like a perfect winters day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wall, amazing photos!! It's crazy to see this "birds" in the cold water like that... I hope one day that I could visit a place like this, I have never seeing snow,

    brazilian hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snowy pics. I love that photo of the lake, bless that Little duck with all the snow on it's back! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Caroline :) I know, they were convinced we were going to feed them (it didn't even occur to me to bring bread)! x

      Delete
  4. Charmaine, these photos are just gorgeous. I found the snow really hard to photograph, it was either too bright or too dark, but you've captured it perfectly.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Gillian! I did a bit of googling before I headed out. I played around quite a bit with my settings while I was taking photos (frozen fingers), but it seemed to work best with a combination of changing the ISO and exposure to brighten the image x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x