December 13, 2012

this little piggy went to market...



On Tuesday we braved the freezing temperatures and a very early start to visit Sunbury antiques market, a twice-monthly vintage extravaganza at Kempton Park racecourse.

I love wandering around this place, I think you could find almost anything here. It's kind of a visual overload of lovely things piled high.

There is so much furniture... sideboards to tables and chairs to fireplaces. There are also lots of random bits and bobs... glass domes, storage, lighting, tiles, carpets. Indoors, there is a large selection of Vintage clothing and jewellery.





It is particularly fun to visit in December, when you will find oh so many vintage Christmas ornaments. The first picture is from one stall, she literally had about 60 boxes of this stuff!

I did buy some old glass baubles which will look lovely on the tree. I was also very tempted by huge bunches of mistletoe and an old wooden sledge, I have a feeling we might have use for one of those this month!

You can see more photos of Sunbury here from our visit last year.






I also found a nice big stash of glass ornaments in the charity shop this week, hidden deep below piles of ropey tinsel in a huge plastic bin. At 5p each it was pretty much a no-brainer, good old charity shops eh!

All photos are from my instagram feed.



12 comments:

  1. Always wanted to go to Sudbury, I need to make a date for 2013.
    Lucky fine, extra lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes it's definitely worth going! x

      Delete
  2. What a find lucky you! And the market looked amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes it is a great place for a stroll x

      Delete
  3. Gosh that place looks amazing! Love those ornaments, such vibrant pops of colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is so much to look at! Thanks Jen x

      Delete
  4. Want to dive in those boxes!

    Janine from lesleysgirlsvintage.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I love stalls like that, a find is much more thrilling if you have to rummage a bit!

      Delete
  5. That market looks amazing! A real treasure trove. Those baubles are divine, I do love a old fashioned tree decoration. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, yes me too. I wish Mum had kept more of hers, hopefully I'll be able to add to my collection each year! x

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh Charmaine - those Christmas baubles are AMAzing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yes I love the colours of vintage baubles x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x