November 13, 2012

anglesey abbey



On Sunday we went for a wander around the grounds of Anglesey Abbey. It was a beautiful day, sunny but so crisp and cold.

I love the variety of colours and textures around at this time of the year.






I love the silver birch trees, especially the contrast of their bright white trunks against the blue sky. I'm not sure what they are but I love those purple berries too.

I picked up a few leaves as they were so pretty. I was thinking of doing something like this with them.

What did you do this weekend?


11 comments:

  1. Those purple berries are just stunning - what are they? And I love the silver birch trees too.
    As for the weekend, well I went to a bonfire night and got a little bit tipsy! So Sunday was spent recovering. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely, I don't know what they're called. Ooh bonfire night, cool! x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures. I love all the different colours this time of year too, they look even more amazing in the sunshine. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Caroline! yes we were lucky with the weather on Sunday x

      Delete
  3. That is a cool idea, I always flatten leaves every year and hang them up, I wonder how easy that is to do.
    Can I just melt a candle....what do you think??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently you're meant to melt beeswax in a double boiler. I thought about using candle wax, but I'm not sure if you will get the same consistency. Probably worth a go though before I head off to find beeswax!

      Delete
  4. Such pretty colours - especially those purple berries! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Col, and yes I love those purple berries too x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos ... love the silver birches ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee! Yes aren't they beautiful x

      Delete
  6. Really gorgeous photos Charmaine, especially the ones of the mystery purple berries in that cool grey light. Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x