September 06, 2012

one last camping trip!



The forecast looked pretty good last weekend, so we packed up the car and headed down for Dorset for one last camping trip this summer.

First, we took a trip on the Swanage Railway. It's odd that the steam is such a familiar smell. I loved the chugging of the train and the interior of the carriages. The route took us through Corfe village and out through fields to Swanage. 





After that, we went on to the Arne Nature Reserve. It was a lovely place, with woodland walks, lots of wildlife and a beach facing Poole and Brownsea Island. 

As we approached the middle of the woodland, a huge stag calmly emerged from the bushes and then crossed our path. I wasn't even thinking about grabbing the camera, I was just in awe!

We continued down the path until we found the beach, and a lovely one it was too. In high tide apparently you can swim to the neighbouring islands, but the water was a bit too chilly for that!









Back at the campsite, we set up the bbq and watched the sun set. 






It was such an idyllic trip, and I'm looking forward to camping again next year.

Thank you for your lovely comments about my website, it's so nice to have such positive feedback! On Saturday we're off for a long weekend in Cornwall, I can't wait!

10 comments:

  1. Look at you! Here there and everywhere! Im just jealous of course...love the old train, so beautiful inside!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, we've tried to make the most of the summer this time, well any excuse to use the tent really :) x

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful pictures Charmaine, I almost felt like I was there at the campsite with you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous pictures, that one with the webs is beautiful and I love your snippets from inside the carriage. Looks like a brilliant weekend. Have fun in Cornwall. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! We loved the train, it was great fun! We had a lovely time in Cornwall too x

      Delete
  4. Really lovely photos - I especially like the ones of the bbq at sunset. I wish my husband liked the ides of camping...I could just use one last, sunny weekend away somewhere... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! Yes, the BBQ is one of my face things when camping :) you'll have to work on persuading him! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x