August 28, 2012

recipe: banana butterscotch muffins



I just made these delicious banana butterscotch muffins from Nigella Lawson's 'Nigella Express'. It's one of my favourite books, and these are so easy to make!

Ingredients:
3 very ripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
2 large eggs
250g plain flour
100g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarb
1 teaspoon baking powder
150g butterscotch (or chocolate) drops - I used a mix of butterscotch and white chocolate





1. preheat oven to 200 degrees (fan 190) and line a 12-bun muffin tin with cases
2. mash the bananas and set aside
3. pour the oil into the jug and beat in the eggs
4. put the flour, bicarb and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the oil/egg mixture, and then the bananas
5. fold in the butterscotch drops and divide into the muffin cases, bake for 15-20 minutes





3 comments:

  1. I don't have this book but I love Nigella. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun book, lots of good recipes. The chocolate cookies are amazing!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, these look amazing. I have that book but have never tried this recipe. Isn't it a great book? The mustard pork chops with gnocchi is one of my favourites, and the tiramisu. I love Nigella, all her books are fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x