I thought it would be fun to share a little project I made a couple of months ago.
I wasn't keen on my engagement ring box, and wanted to make something a little more personal. I also had some liberty fabric on my shelf and wanted to find a use for it.
small piece of cotton fabric approx 6 x 6"
glue gun or needle and thread
1. cut the soft side off of the sponge. leaving the scourer intact. it doesn't have to be too neat as you'll turn it over anyway.
2. put the box on top of the sponge as a guide and draw around it.
3. cut around the line and then cut in half so you have two rectangles.
4. cut the fabric in half and one of the sponge rectangles onto the fabric (scourer side down). cut around it, leaving enough fabric to wrap it up (like a present).
5. glue together (or sew a couple of stitches to keep it in place).
6. glue the sides (or stitch in place).
7. repeat with the other rectangle.
8. push the sponges into the box.
I hope you like it! x