August 24, 2012

a little weekend project!




I thought it would be fun to share a little project I made a couple of months ago.

I wasn't keen on my engagement ring box, and wanted to make something a little more personal. I also had some liberty fabric on my shelf and wanted to find a use for it.

You'll need:

small box
small piece of cotton fabric approx 6 x 6"
1 sponge
craft knife
pen
scissors
glue gun or needle and thread



1. cut the soft side off of the sponge. leaving the scourer intact. it doesn't have to be too neat as you'll turn it over anyway.
2. put the box on top of the sponge as a guide and draw around it.
3. cut around the line and then cut in half so you have two rectangles.



4. cut the fabric in half and one of the sponge rectangles onto the fabric (scourer side down). cut around it, leaving enough fabric to wrap it up (like a present).
5. glue together (or sew a couple of stitches to keep it in place).
6. glue the sides (or stitch in place).
7. repeat with the other rectangle.
8. push the sponges into the box.





I hope you like it! x


13 comments:

  1. So cute, loving that fabric and the little box!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that, it is very cute indeed! I just thrown my engagement ring on my dressing table at night - gone are the days when I used to lovingly put it in it's box till morning. A few weeks back Angus "lost" my engagement ring while playing with it...after a slight panic we located it. Phew. Maybe I should put it in a box after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Eeek, glad you found it again! x

      Delete
  3. Very cute idea. I never use my boxes. Ha. But I still love your ingenuity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely idea, it looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Love the new blog look by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ring has a beautiful place to live now! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a lovely tutorial, it will surely come in handy for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this submit was once good. I do not realize who you are however certainly you are going to a famous blogger in the event you aren't already.
    Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my page :: Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep this going please, great job!

    My blog ... Sidney Crosby Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills
    and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or
    did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the
    nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one these days.

    Feel free to surf to my page Michael Kors

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x