July 15, 2012

this weekend... a party and some deer



I hope you've had a good weekend so far!

Yesterday we went to a triple birthday party - held for a friend of ours, his Dad, and his Grandad. It was lovely, lots of food, guinea fowl and chickens in the garden, and even a steel band to keep us entertained! Unfortunately I didn't take a camera, so no pics!

Today we went to Knole park in Sevenoaks. Last time we visited the deer were hiding deep in the parkland. This time there were plenty about, and they were relatively happy to walk towards me and my lens!








I also spent some time this afternoon experimenting with my new printer, it's quite daunting trying to figure out the settings, though very exciting!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those shots of the deer are amazing! I can't believe how close you got to them, they are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were wary, but I think they're quite used to people as the parkland is managed by the national trust, and there are always lots of visitors. Aren't they lovely! x

      Delete
  2. What amazing photos and so close. Love how you can even see all the little fluffy hairs on the small ones - so sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Yes I didn't realise before that they are quite fluffy! x

      Delete
  3. Those deers are beautiful. What a lovely place to visit and the party sounds great. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so beautiful! it is a lovely place to wander about, I think we may take a picnic next time! x

      Delete
  4. Amazing photos Charmaine! I can't believe how close you got to them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thaks Col! I think it was a case of crouching and staying still until they came to me! x

      Delete
  5. Aw so amazing! Love the one third from bottom, he looks so happy sitting in his meadow...thanks for your comment today, I really hope it does get warmer...Bloomin' english weather!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yes he looks pretty regal too! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x