July 29, 2012

summer at last




Last weekend we decided to go on a last minute camping trip to Dorset. We went back to one of our favourite campsites, high above Corfe Castle. We spent the afternoon at Studland beach, and then went on to Lulworth Cove, which was stunning. I loved all of the white round pebbles and the clear water.





We ate fish and chips in Wareham, sitting by the canal and listening to the open mic outside the pub. Back at the campsite, we drank our coffee and watched the sun set over Corfe.





It was such a lovely dewy morning the next day, and it was great to see the sun rise over the site. I always wake up so early when camping, but the view makes it worth it!



We decided to go back to Studland to soak up the sunshine. I think everyone had the same idea as the beach was packed!! It was so lovely to finally have some proper hot weather, and we enjoyed an ice-cream before heading back home.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful - that is one of my favourite areas in the world x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely post! I love that you just upped and went camping, how spontaneous. I am much more spontaneous when the weather is nice. I don't know that area very well but your photos of the views and beach make me want to go. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go again, I'm stalking the weather forecast waiting for another good weekend! I'm really glad we went as the forecast didn't look perfect but it turned out to be so lovely. I am completely obsessed with Cornwall but the Jurassic Coast is quickly becoming a favourite too! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x