July 17, 2012

Cornwall - part one



We've been going to Cornwall every year for the past 7 or 8 years, and I still love it. We took the scenic route from London, driving past Stonehenge and then through Dartmoor. The journey is almost as exciting as the holiday for me. When I was in school, I was always sad to get off the coach when we reached wherever it was we were headed! We stopped in Dartmoor with our flask (I know, I am 32 going on 50) and sandwiches and just took in the gorgeous views. I found some friendly ponies and sheep.





This was our home, a lovely wooden beach chalet, next to the sand dunes. We wandered up to the dunes on our first evening, it's so lovely to have the sea so close.






Later in the week we went to one of our favourite places, Kynance Cove, and sat in the small cafe overlooking the sea. I love how wild this place is, the scenery is just so beautiful. The next 2 photos are from last year, when the weather was a little better!





Back at the chalet, we had a bbq outside, and made the most of the sunshine!



More to come in part 2! You can read about last years holiday here.

14 comments:

  1. We're off to Cornwall next month too - St ives. We can't wait. Fingers crossed for some sunshine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have an amazing time! I've never stayed in St. Ives, always just up the coast. I'm sure it's lovely to stay in the town as there's so much on your doorstop. We had a lovely dinner in St. Ives at Blas Burgerworks (opposite the Arts Club) x

      Delete
  2. OOOO we are off on Monday! I cannot wait. What lovely little cabins... I like... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop! Have an amazing time! The chalet's are lovely, a little oasis next to the beach! x

      Delete
  3. LOVE that first picture, so pretty...looks like you had a great time despite the weather!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it would have been nice to have more sunshine but we had a great time! x

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning photos Charmaine! I'm sad we never made it to Cornwall when we lived in the UK. We'll just have to squeeze in a trip next time we're over for a visit! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is one of my favourite places to be, I just find it so peaceful! x

      Delete
  5. glorious. cornwall is so magical - the light is amazing. and i love dunes so much. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the light is so different to here, just beautiful! x

      Delete
  6. Cornwall is always lovely, glad you had some sunshine too, looks like a fantastic spot to stay. I am always happier the nearer to the sea I can stay the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that area, between St. Ives and St. Agnes, so many wonderful places to explore! Yes me too, the nearer the sea the better! x

      Delete
  7. Great photos, Charmaine, especially those shots of the sunset on the sand dunes. The light is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x