June 08, 2012

married!






We have been married for 3 weeks...

For my 'old, borrowed and blue', I wore a locket gifted to me on at my Christening, holding inside a treasured photograph of my Mum and Dad on their wedding day.

On the morning of the wedding, Chris and I made a simple bouquet from peonies and a buttonhole for his suit. The ceremony was short and sweet, just a 10 minute walk from our flat. I made a mistake on the vows... repeating a line twice. We spent time in the garden followed by lunch at the pub and then tea and cake at my in-laws.

It was a super relaxed wedding day. I loved all the handmade details, especially the confetti and flowers. My mother-in-law made the most delicious strawberries and cream Victoria sandwich.

16 comments:

  1. What a happy, beautiful looking day - wishing you every happiness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day! The dress is beautiful and the flowers gorgeous. Such a happy and relaxed event. Plus the cake looks awesome and yummy!

    Congratulations guys xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the cake was amazing! x

      Delete
  3. Ps check out the fancy pants shoes! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! yes a throwback from having a hefty buyer's discount at net-a-porter! x

      Delete
  4. Oh Charmaine, you look so beautiful! Gorgeous pictures, dress, shoes, cake and all your personal touches. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jen! it was a brilliant day :-) x

      Delete
  5. You look lovely Charmaine, that dress is gorgeous. Looks like you had a really lovely relaxed day. I love all the handmade details. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is absolutely stunning, and you both looked gorgeous! I love all the handmade details - that cake is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Col! the boy looked good, yes! and the cake was awesome! x

      Delete
  7. Oh, wow, what a post!! All fabulous - you look stunning (that dress is so simple and elegant and perfect), the photos are beautiful, the flowers, the confetti... Congratulations to you and your man. Those macarons deserve a post of their own, they are so picture perfect!

    I got married at 25 (ten years ago next spring - eek!) and there is so much I'd do differently now, like the food and flowers and dress. But not the man, I still love the man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, thank you very much! those macarons are so tasty (nigella lawson's recipe), I really want to make them again so I can have more next time! ooh, 10th anniversary coming up, how exciting! x

      Delete
  8. yay! thanks for sharing. i'm very nosy! and i love that it wasn't too 'done', just natural and you. lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes me too, I love reading about weddings especially! it was so relaxed, just perfect x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x