June 06, 2012

jubilee weekend


Our camping plans were thwarted by the weather (boo), so we pottered about instead, trying to avoid the rain! I have to say the jubilee celebrations mostly passed me by... I saw the odd bit of bunting, but that's about it!





We had a wander around Epping Forest, explored a pretty church and had a stroll through the trees. 



We headed to Bristol to take my 94 year old Grandad out for lunch. On the way we stopped off at Tyntesfield, but didn't have time to go inside the house so just looked around the grounds. We'll have to go back there, as it looked pretty cool from the outside at least!









We headed to Wakehurst Place (where we had a really lovely lunch and piece of carrot cake) and onto to Standen


We went to Hatfield Forest for chips and a cup of hot chocolate and a wander around the pond. Hopefully the weather will get better soon, I'm a bit bored of this drizzle now! 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pics and what looks like a lovely weekend! It was a shame that the weather wasn't better but then British bank holidays wouldn't be the same without rain! Hatfield forest is literally up the road from me! Thanks for your nice comment on my new etsy designs too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, true! I love Hatfield forest, their chips are the best! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos. Looks like a lovely weekend. Epping forest looks beautiful and that house looks impressive, would be great to see inside! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! Epping forest is lovely, we should go more often given it's only up the road! x

      Delete
  3. what a gorgeous little wander. the jubilee passed me by too, i thought i was the only one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was lovely, despite the drizzle! I was surprised there wasn't more bunting and general festivities around our way, but saying that I was out most of the weekend anyway! x

      Delete
  4. Wow, such gorgeous pictures and places. And that cake looks yum - craving some now :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yes I love a good carrot cake! x

      Delete
  5. How lovely - culture, cake, beautiful surroundings. I love days like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite happy as long as food is involved! do love a bit of culture too though :-) x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x