May 29, 2012

this weekend...


... was long and carefree! On Saturday we took advantage of the sunshine and headed down to Bateman's, deep in the Sussex countryside. Bateman's was the home of the Rudyard Kipling. It was honestly one of my favourite NT visits. His home was full of his collection of trinkets from travelling, and his study was pretty amazing too.




The gardens were extraordinary... water lilies in the pond and a huge meadow and wild flower garden. It was just endless! There was even a dog creche! Highly recommended if you're in the area or fancy a drive into the countryside!









On Sunday, I made a Caprese salad for lunch, and in the afternoon we went to Epping Forest. As we made our way home, we made a few stops in the Essex countryside to take the obligatory photos of the fields, dreamy farmhouses and a pretty church! I hope the weather holds out next weekend, I would really love to go camping!






10 comments:

  1. Wow! What beautiful pictures and what a wonderful weekend you have had. I love that picture of the wild flowers, so gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was glorious, hope it continues next weekend too! x

      Delete
  2. great tip, i haven't been there. thought it was kelmscott at first. i've definitely got my mum's NT gene! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, Kelmscott... I haven't been there, one to add to the list! Yes me too, I am actually quite a fogie, I love all that wandering about looking at gardens and nosing in houses!

      Delete
  3. Essex! Thats my neck of the woods, there really is some beautiful countryside around essex...I love the dog creche! Such a good idea for when you are touring the house. Beautiful photos and all in all looks like a fab weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Essex is incredibly beautiful in parts, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection of photos. So English! The bunting, the church, the Sussex countryside... I love the idea of a Dog Creche!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I loved the dog creche, just need a dog to go in it! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x