May 11, 2012

bloom


Source: unknown via littlenestbox on pinterest

I've been thinking about flowers for the wedding... leaving it a little last minute I know! I was planning to see what the shop has the day before, and work with that.

I've been obsessing over peonies lately, after seeing the image above. After a bit of research it appears peonies are in season in June, which is a tad inconvenient!

So imagine my glee when I found some in Sainsburys this week... not in white, but a step in the right direction nevertheless!



They transformed from bud to fully flowered in a day. They smell amazing too! My original thought was tulips, as they always seem to be available, and I like their simplicity.



I played around with buttonhole ideas for Chris... but this idea may need a little more work!





6 comments:

  1. The flowers looks beautiful and I like what you've done with the buttonhole! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely, I've been admiring them all day! Thanks, I guess Chris will have to be the judge on the buttonhole :-) x

      Delete
  2. My neighbour's garden peonies are just about in bloom, so I'll keep my fingers crossed you get hold of some Charmaine! Having said that, I'm a sucker for tulips so think these look fab too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds promising! Thanks Jen x

      Delete
  3. i love peonies. one of my faves. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must have seen them before at some point, but I am now (obviously) completely obsessed! they are beauties! x

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x