March 26, 2012

happy days!

What beautiful weather we've been having, I hope you had lovely weekends!



We visited Henley-on-Thames on Saturday morning. It must be crazy expensive to live there, as we passed some huge houses on the waterfront. How lucky those people are to have swans and ducks swimming so close by. I would be in my element!



We watched some rowers glide by and after a wander along the waterfront, I pottered around the charity shops.


As we were quite close, we went on to Basildon Park, a Georgian mansion set in extensive parklands.



I thought this sewing machine and the pincushion were really cute. The house was bought in the 1950s, so there was an unusual mix of 18th century decoration, mixed with lots of 50s art and an original 50s kitchen.




If the weather stays like this I'll be itching to go camping soon, though it might be a bit cold at night! Perhaps we should hold off for a little while longer!

6 comments:

  1. would love one of those houses on the river....great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they were really something! thanks :) x

      Delete
  2. Great photos! I love the painting of the woman. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) yes the painting is lovely, it's the lady of the house (Lady Iliffe) by a painter called Frank O. Salisbury. I really loved the colours! x

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a fab weekend and we are so lucky at the moment with the weather, I was in Cambridge yesterday and it was glorious! Congrats on the 200 esty sales too!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so relaxing! thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x